One-Day Itinerary for Lynchburg VA
We live only an hour south of Lynchburg – so it’s an ideal place to get away, without really having to go far. My mom gave us a gift certificate for a couples massage at London Salt Spa. So we decided to make an entire day out of it. Here’s what we did:
- Couples Massage at London Salt Spa
- London Salt Spa is such a cute place! They are a locally owned Spa offering Massage Services in their therapeutic Salt Cave.
- Dustin and I were treated to a couples massage from my mom. And I received one of the best massages that I’ve ever had (Shout out to Samantha)!
- Lunch at Iron & Ale
- Dustin ordered the Pork Belly Sandwich and I had the Nashville Hot Chicken with Brussel Sprouts and Mac & Cheese. Everything was delicious!
- Even if there is a wait, this is one place that is worth staying on the waiting list because their waiting area is an outdoor heated tent with a very nice lounge atmosphere.
- Beers at Apocalypse Ale Works
- Dustin fell head over heels for their Neapolitan Beer. I had the Pumpkin Porter, which was incredible!
- They have a very nice fenced-in back-yard style patio area.
- Flight Tasting at Three Roads Brewing
- Our favorites were the Dragonfruit Sour and the Beeline Honey Chocolate Brown!
- Their tasting room is beautiful and they have a great outdoor patio!
- Wine Flight at Reserve
- Reserve was an incredible experience! They are a locally owned wine bar, showcasing a variety of local Virginia Wines.
- Reservations are suggested, as it is a very small building. The inside is very chic and cozy. You can reserve a table inside the tasting room, or outside on their heated patio!
- We enjoyed a flight of their Red Wines and then decided to buy a bottle of Barbourville’s Sangiovese.
- The staff was very friendly & knowledgeable. We really enjoyed chatting with Daphne, one of the managers!
- Relax and Unwind at The Virginian Hotel
- This was my second stay at The Virginian Hotel and I will continue to visit The Virginian in the future. It has a very sophisticated feel and a great variety of dining options.
- The rooms are to die for. The bed is like a cloud and I wish I could just live in the tub!
- The Virginian is an excellent staycation idea for anyone within driving distance of Lynchburg!
- Coffee & Breakfast at The Marigold Cafe
- Marigold Cafe is an adorable coffee shop, located inside The Virginian Hotel. They serve Starbucks Coffee and a variety of breakfast sandwiches + grab and go items!
Lunch at Iron & Ale
Beers at Apocalypse Ale Works
Flight Tasting at Three Roads Brewing
Wine Flight at Reserve
(Wine Bar – Reservations Suggested)
Relax and Unwind at The Virginian Hotel
Coffee & Breakfast at The Marigold Cafe
Thank you for reading my One-Day Itinerary for Lynchburg VA! If you have any questions, feel free to message me on social media @katie.winenadweekends.
Previous Post: Affordable Travel to Jamaica
Until next time,
**Thank you to The Virginian Hotel, Reserve Wine Bar, and Three Roads Brewing for comping a variety of experiences for us to share here! All thoughts and options expressed on Wine and Weekends are honestly and organically my own.**