Why is Skincare so Important?
Well, no one enjoys having bad skin. But, I have NEVER had great skin… So, I think that gives me the right to share when I finally find somethings that actually help and work! Having a real skincare regimen is hard work and takes dedication. BUT, once you start seeing results, it is so worth it!
Today, I am sharing with you my personal skincare regimen, based off of my own research into Korean skincare secrets. I linked all of the products that I use on a regular basis below (PS: all links are from Amazon and contain affiliate linking where I will make a commission off of anything purchased from this site)!
My 10 Step Skincare Regimen
- Remove Make-up (daily) – I just use a little of this on a cotton pad!
- Face Cleanser (daily x2) – So, so important to actually wash your face! I always can tell when I get lazy!
- Micro-dermabrasion (Weekly) – This stuff works wonders. It exfoliates your face and gets rid of tons of dead skin!
- Toner (daily x2) – This helps to put everything back in balance after you cleanse and exfoliate.
- Peel- Off Mask (weekly) – Literally my secret weapon! But you HAVE to put a lot on and leave it on until it gets nice and dry! If you don’t use enough or wait long enough, then it won’t peel off correctly. I place several big gobs all over my face, and then rub it all in together, and it does peel off all in one motion!
- One-Minute Charcoal Mask (weekly) – Totally the easiest mask in the world, because you only leave it on for one minute. I sometimes will leave it on for 2-3 minutes if I have time, but you don’t have to!
- Hydrating Sheet Mask (weekly) – Such a nice relaxing feeling!
- Blemish Spot Serum (daily x2) – This stuff WORKS! If you are having some acne problems, I highly recommend this!
- Moisturizer (daily – morning only) – This is something that I just recently switched to and I am totally loving it! It is super moisturizing (but not oily), especially after being in the sun a lot!
- Night Cream (daily – night only) – This is one of few products that I have continuously bought over and over for years now! Most night creams are stupid expensive – this one is amazing and is under $20!
Other Honorable Mentions:
- Nighttime Lip Mask (as needed) – If you have crazy dry lips like I do!
- Facial Cleansing Brush (as desired – I try to use daily) – Full disclosure, I don’t use this as much as I would like to. But it really does feel amazing when I make myself use it!
So, Which one is the Most Important?
Well, first off, I would have to say that washing you face with an actual cleanser is the most important part. And I don’t mean using one of those make-up wipes and calling it a day. I mean actual soap and water! This is by far the most important step that everyone needs to follow for healthy, clean skin.
However, I say that to say this: The second most important step in my skincare regimen is the peel-off facial mask! It is so important to clean out your pores! Everyone might not benefit from this as much as I do. BUT, if you are like me and you have problems with you skin, especially your pores, then I’m telling you… THIS WORKS WONDERS! It is really important to hydrate your skin afterwards, but your skin will have never felt more clean!
Previous Post: How I’ve Gotten Over $400s Worth of Free Items From Ulta Beauty